srch 11089: Soft Goods Designer - Outdoor Gear
Soft Goods Designer
Are you a Soft goods Designer who likes to keep up with trends in outdoor gear and back pack design, with a passion for outdoor activities & equipment? Do you have a high sense of creativity, ingenuity and technical skill? Are you interested in being a part of the growth and development of products that are innovative and technological? Do you enjoy problem solving and finding the best solutions for construction challenges? If so, then this may be a great opportunity for you!
Yeh IDeology is a boutique design and innovation talent strategy firm based out of New York City. Our client is a renowned soft goods development company with an impressive portfolio of work focused in the realms of outdoor gear, bags and back packs. They’re seeking a Soft goods Designer who is a team player and who can collaborate across multidisciplinary platforms. This person will be a part of, and responsible for, the initial concepts and prototypes through to final production - creating products that solve the end user’s needs. This candidate will be responsible for the creative production of designs to enhance a further develop the product category.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* Apply an in-depth knowledge of materials and fabrics to develop product that solve the end user’s needs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills - Provide a clear communication link between the different development sites
* Working knowledge of formulating color palettes
* Communicate design intent through sketching and presentational renderings.
* Produce and update drawings and tech packs, offer solutions to production based construction challenges
* Working knowledge of product cycles, bag/backpack construction and manufacturing techniques.
* Cost engineer products through the development cycle to achieve specific FOB targets
* Prior experience in backpacking or related outdoor gear and working with a multicultural team is preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial / Product Design or equivalent relevant experience
* 3-10 years of professional cut & sew design experience focusing on bags, backpacks and/or luggage
* Experience in flat sketching expertise
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Specifically Illustrator & Photoshop
* Portfolio showing your ideation and sketch style, research and development process as well as a track record of previous product at retail
Qualified candidates please send your resume and portfolio (under 8MB) and reference the above search number to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.