srch 11090: Senior Industrial Designer - Ergonomic Product Manufacturer
Senior Industrial Designer
New York, NY
Are you an Industrial Designer committed to the development of successful products? Do you have an innate desire to master new problems thoroughly and quickly? Do you insist on design excellence, in both engineering and aesthetics? Are you Interested in mentoring, motivating and managing people? If so, then this may be a great opportunity for you!
Yeh IDeology is a Talent Strategies and recruitment firm specializing in the fields of design, strategy and innovation based out of New York City. Our client is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products, focused on improving health and comfort at work. They’re seeking a Senior Industrial Designer who can lead and maintain control through all phases of the Design Process. This candidate will be responsible for the creative production of designs to enhance the product category. The ideal candidate would have the ability to see the big picture, without losing sight of critical details. They would be able to passionately argue a point of view persuasively and memorably by leveraging a variety of media. They would have exceptional understanding of complex 3-Dimensional Form and outstanding command of 3D modeling technique.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the technical and functional requirements and strategic initiatives of multiple products within a product line.
* Plan and manage research projects, including developing the scope of the project, key roles involved, timelines. Conduct market, technological and user research and provide summary report.
* Perform in-depth qualitative research, including: reviewing existing research, planning research goals, performing qualitative interviews and co-creative design research, as well as analyzing research observations
* Develop detailed 3D models of parts and assemblies; include advanced kinematics or ensure handoff to appropriate technical staff. Manage the construction of rapid prototypes. Maintain the core functionality of a given product as it progresses into production
* Create presentation renderings from digital models. Create presentations from research findings, conclusions and complex data sets
* Work with ID Manager and marketing to ensure a consistent look and feel across product ranges and ensure a consistent product roll out within a given product line*
* Work with product managers, map out the development timeframe (when to develop what) within a given product line
* Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 6 years experience in product development• Proficiency in SolidWorks or Alias is required
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
* Polished public speaking skills and ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
* Ability to present complex information in an organized, easily useable form.
Qualified candidates please send your resume and portfolio (under 8MB) and reference the above search number to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.