srch 11088: Senior Industrial Designer - Consumer Electronics
Senior Industrial Designer
Search # 11088
Are you a Senior Industrial Designer who has a keen eye for form development with strong attention to detail? Are you interested on working on a range of different products under the realms of consumer electronics and accessories? Do you have a high sense of aesthetic sensibility and technical skill? Are you interested in being a part of the growth and development of new products and technologies? Do you enjoy problem solving and finding the best solutions for design challenges? If so, then this may be a great opportunity for you!
Yeh IDeology is a talent strategies and recruitment firm specializing in design and innovation. Our client is a well-known consumer electronics company seeking an experienced Senior Industrial Designer interested in working on cutting edge products across their vast platform of consumer electronic categories. The ideal candidate will be rooted in consumer goods with a well-rounded background that could range from soft good to electronic accessories, mobile technology to wearables. This candidate will be responsible for the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new products. He or she will have the opportunity to work across category platforms while collaborating with interaction designers, human factor specialists, product marketing and engineers.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* Lead design initiatives from concept through to production - support manufacturing assembly onsite
* Strong written and verbal communication skills - demonstrate ability to share ideas clearly, lead and contribute to brainstorming
* High-level storytelling and presentation experience
* Develop patent-able features and product concepts. Drive the companies leadership position in the industry.
* Knowledge of Solidworks preferred - experience using Keyshot or equivalent rendering programs for visual storytelling and modeling
* Work closely with interaction designers, human factor specialists, product marketing, architects and engineers
* Will require 10% travel to Asia - knowledge of Asian markets a plus
* BA in Industrial Design, or equivalent field of study
* Minimum of 6 years of corporate/consultancy design experience - someone who knows the ropes
* Team Player - ablility to work in a dynamic, rapidly evolving design and engineering environment with Industrial Designers, product marketing, architects and engineering team.
* Well-versed in designing for high volume manufacturing
*Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.