srch 11085: Usability Designer - Product Development
Usability Designer - Product Development
Search # 11085
Are you an all-round designer capable of contributing to a holistic design process? Do you have an affinity for the advancement of Medical Devices? Can you plan and design usability tools that gather user needs and identify room for improvement? If so, then this may be a great opportunity for you!
Yeh IDeology is a talent strategies and recruitment firm specializing in design and innovation. Our client is a leading medical product development company seeking an experienced Usability Designer, knowledgeable in User Research and Industrial Design.
The ideal candidate will be rooted in medical device research and industrial design with the ability to contribute to the design and development of technologically advanced products. They will be able to grow capabilities surrounding usability engineering, while contributing wherever needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* Conduct ethnographic research, user research and contextual inquiry to inform product development.
* Design, grow and explore approaches to usability testing protocols.
* Inform design processes through the utilization of user testing and research insights.
* Support the Industrial Design team on various aspects of the development process including User Experience and User Interface Design.
* Liaise with existing third-party Human Factors partners for additional support.
* Share research findings through written and visual components.
*BA in Industrial Design, Usability Design/Engineering or equivalent.
*3-7 years of Industrial Design, Product Design, Usability Testing and/or Design Research experience.
*Experience in usability testing, qualitative research, ethnography and ergonomics.
*Portfolio of work illustrating ingenuity in sketching, form development and user research.
*Proven experience in development of medical devices.
*Proficiency in SolidWorks preferred.
*Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.