srch 11080 Front-End Researcher/ Designer — Consumer Products
Front-End Researcher/ Industrial Designer – Consumer Products
Search # 11080
Are you able to translate deep consumer insights and market trends into robust and meaningful design solutions? Do you possess superior visualization skills in 3D modeling and rendering software to prototype design ideas? Are you an effective communicator with a proven track record of working comfortably in a team setting to collaborate on project frameworks? If so, then this may be a great opportunity for you!
Yeh IDeology is a boutique design, strategy and innovation recruitment firm based out of New York City. Our client is a global consumer packaged goods company with many leading brands that have now become household names.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated independent thinker that can inspire, generate and bring to life new ideas. As a key member of their Innovation team, you will be expected to find meaningful ways to integrate design processes and thinking into Research and Development programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* Ability to connect consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve design challenges
* Express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others
* Demonstrate an energetic, curious, and charismatic personality that infects others with passion for design
* Lead the assessment of competitive products and market trends
* Competency in visualization skills including sketching and basic CAD generation
* Work closely with business functions to deliver innovative products against the current new product roadmap
* Identify and partner with 3rd party external design creative resources as needed
* Ability to successfully navigate and adapt through unforeseen situations
* Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes across CPG (preferred)
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience developing consumer products
* BA/BS degree in Industrial Design OR Mechanical Engineering
* Masters of Industrial Design or Design Management (preferred)
* Portfolio that demonstrates design expertise (strategy and execution)
* Demonstrated project management experience with practical budgeting and organizational skills
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
* Experience integrating consumer insights and competitive product learning to develop products that both meet consumer’s needs and are uniquely positioned
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.