srch 11066: Vice President of Product Design - Consumer Products
Vice President of Product Design – Consumer Products
New York, NY
Are you a seasoned creative leader with strategic innovation and creative problem solving abilities? Can you actively contribute your expertise of soft goods development, industrial design and manufacturing to lead and inspire creative teams? Do you collaborate closely with marketing and sales teams to deliver designs on point with current retail trends? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
Yeh IDeology is a boutique design, strategy and innovation driven recruitment firm based out of New York City. Our client is a prestigious and performance-driven consumer brand that designs, markets and sells their products to retail stores. They are seeking an inspirational VP of Product Design with a visionary eye to head their design team to conceive great products, which will expand the Company’s portfolio and continue their growth. As an executive member, you can impact the future of this company.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to research, conceive, and design trendy, functional and innovative products
* Develop, oversee and mentor a design team; must embody excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
* Ability to conduct research in both international and domestic markets
* Manage project workflows from concept to production and adhere to budget and timeline
* Explore new materials and production methods with an excellent understanding of product development
* Willingness to travel internationally and domestically several times a year
* Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with at least 4 years in a Management role
* Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field
* In-depth knowledge of cut and sew processes
* Demonstrate effective team building, management and thought leadership
* Keen sense of style trends coupled with industrial design ability for development of molded component parts
* Familiarity with global and regional design, production standards and approaches
* Understanding of how to create product from concept through to completion
* Overseas manufacturing experience and knowledge
Qualified candidates please send your resume and portfolio (under 8MB) and reference the above search number to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.