Mid Level Industrial Designer- Medical Products Design Consultancy
Greater Boston Area
Job# srch 10213
Are you a highly talented designer who has experience in the medical field? Do you incorporate problem solving and research into your designs every day? Are you a master sketcher who regularly communicates between departments to see a product from inception to production? Are you ready to design the future of medical technology? If so, this position may be the next step in your career path.
Yeh IDeology is a recruitment firm specializing in design and strategy. Our client is a top medical design consultancy located in the Northeast. Our client is looking for a gifted mid-level designer to join their team and participate in every stage of the design process. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of how to work with the engineering department to develop new products, as well the research department to understand the end-user requirements and needs. He or she should be capable of working alone as well as in a team, and has the professional skills to interact with top clients. He or she should also continually design with form, aesthetics, human factors and ergonomics in mind.
Required Skills & Responsibilities
* Impressive sketching, ideation, and form development skills
* Thorough problem-solving skills
* Able to translate ideas from sketches to models, mechanical drawings, written reports, CAD renderings, and prototypes
* Experience with client interaction and account management
* Design products, interfaces, and product packaging and graphics
* Work across departments to see products through the entire design process
* Lead and participate in creativity-based activities (e.g. brainstorming)
* GUI, research, Rhino/Hypershot/SolidWorks skills a plus, but not a must
Education & Experience Requirements
* BA/BS in Industrial Design, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of experience
Qualified candidates please send your resume and samples (a PDF file under 4mb) and reference the above search number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each candidate. Please no phone calls.